From:
Amanda McRight <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Oct 2001 23:51:23 -0400
These kids need permanent homes.  I'd love to keep them all but it's not
possible at this time.  Hopefully, with your continued support, we can
get most of the medical problems taken care of prior to them going on.
The only problem is we get more and more attached to each other. :)

Some of the kids are older and are happy with just a couple of hours of
time out before they find a new sleeping place and they're so happy to
have a little attention, hugs and cuddles.  I'd love to see them go to
homes where there's time to give them the love and cuddles they crave and
deserve.

I've listed all the Utah kids still here, with a bit of their
personalities and problems.  They truly are such wonderful ferrets and
all such loves.  Thankfully, despite some of the medical problems, almost
all are feeling really good and ready for their new homes.  Now they're
feeling better, I need to start addressing the problems and will need help
with the vet bills.  We're fine with food for awhile thanks to Totally
Ferret, The Ferret Store, Path Valley and 8 in 1.  Wood stove pellets
should be in around the end of the week and will share with anyone in the
area that would like some.

Info on each:

THREESOME:
GENNY - Dark Sable female.  Chordoma on tail, not playful.  Enlarged
spleen.  Cagemates are Pebbles and Zack.
PEBBLES - Sable female.  Grade 3 heart murmur.  Needs ultrasound.
Pebbles mostly lies around and does not feel well.
ZACK - Sable male.  Mast cell tumor on his head.  Also grinding his teeth
and being treated for an ulcer, soup feedings.  Enlarged spleen, thin.
Cagemates are Pebbles and Genny.

BONDED:
MOOSE - Large Dark Chocolate.  Mast cell tumor on side of neck.
Probable ulcer, grinding teeth, on soup and ulcer meds.  JJ's buddy.
Suspect hair ball.  Moose & JJ are bonded.
JJ - Chocolate.  Not eating on his own, grinding teeth.  Being treated
for ulcer.  Soup feedings.  Enlarged spleen, enlarged lymphnodes.
Cagemate with Moose.

SHELLEY - Sable Mitt.  Very pretty girl, quiet, not very playful but gave
me her first dance yesterday.  This is the one who was so very sick on
arrival, bloody poops, etc., but sure turned around.  Just got word Shelly
has a home!  Anyone going from FL to AL?

STAR - Larger of the Chocolate girls.  Shy and should stay with one of the
kids she's used to.  She has beautiful, dark, half moons under her eyes.
Cagemate with
SUGAR - Chocolate female.  Rat tail.  Adrenal.  Playful.  Sweet little
girl.

HONEY - Chocolate female.  Enlarged spleen, not fond of other ferrets
but tolerates a small group.  Adrenal. Playful.  Another sweet one.

SASSY -  Dark Sable female.  Not fond of other ferrets but tolerates
them.  As her name indicates, she gets pretty possessive over her sleep
sacks and toys.  She'll "snap" at whoever tries to get in her space.

THREESOME:
KRAMER - Sweet Sable, older boy.  Kramer has a large, hard, bony tumor
on the top of his head that my vet says is probably inoperable.  On pred
twice a day.  Large spleen.  Happiest when he's in your lap.  Doing really
good.
MOXIE, a big old broad as I call her.  She's sweet but likes ankles.  Hard
to believe she's a female.  :)
KOSMO the Kisser.  Big sable boy with white toes.  Cagemate with Kramer
and Moxie.  Older kids and seem really bonded.  They should all either
stay here or go to a home together.

SINGLES WHO DON'T GET ALONG WITH OTHER FERRETS:
JACK - older Sable, 7+ if info was correct.  Attacks others, may bite at
times.  One tactical.  Suspected hair ball.  Loves to be cuddled. :)
He's give a big sigh and curl up in your lap.  Only eating soup.  Jack
will most likely stay here.

ELVIS - Sable Mitt male.  He's a big, beautiful boy but afraid of other
ferrets.  He'll do ok for a few minutes then attacks with the biggest,
fluffiest tail.  :) He's rather unsure of you at first but loves attention
and will give kisses when he realizes he's not going to be hurt.  Has to
be a single ferret.

CASPER - Big Albino boy, very sweet but hides from other ferrets.  Mast
cell tumor on his back.  Loner.  Enlarged spleen, enlarged lymphnodes.
Soup supplements.

LUKE - Chocolate, actually more of a taupe color with a pretty bib.  Very
sweet and loves to give kisses.  VERY afraid of other ferrets, tolerates
Casper in the same room but runs if Casper gets close.  Adrenal.

FRITO - Chocolate, small version of Luke.  Also attacks others but very
sweet.  Adrenal.  Likes to play.

TACO - Chocolate, looks very much like Luke but attacks others.  Very
playful, fat boy.  Adrenal.  Loves attention and playing.

STAYING HERE:
TROUBLE - Sable male.  Grade 2 heart murmur, needs ultrasound.  Cagemate
with Benji.  Trouble will stay here as he follows every move I make.  He
prances on his tiptoes then sits up, begging to be picked up and held.
And BENJI.  A big albino boy I chose to keep with me or at least hope to.
I'll probably keep Kramer and his buddies and Jack as these kids are old,
they're settled in and really don't need another change.  Most likely,
I'll keep Moose and JJ too as they're not doing so well.  They definitely
don't need a change again.

Lynn will post about the needs of the kids she has.  It was wonderful to
finally meet her in person!  Lynn hasn't advertised herself as a shelter
yet she has taken in ferrets in need.  Bless her for taking so many of the
Utah kids!  I'm sure she needs food, supplies and will definitely need
help with vet care also.

Donations for vet care, medical supplies, baby food and a/d will be
ongoing until we can get these sweeties into homes.  Donations can be sent
either to my vet, SOS, or to me.

Jackie Hawley The Dook Nook Ferret Rescue & Shelter 5226 Collins Road
Jacksonville, FL 32244 or PayPal: https://www.paypal.com by using my
email address.  [log in to unmask]

Riverside Animal Hospital 2641 Park Street Jacksonville, FL 32204

SOS  Judith White  1236 Belfield Avenue  Drexel Hill, PA 19026-4211
Or PayPal: https://www.paypal.com by using [log in to unmask]

To Lynn:
Lynn Siegel  16739 Shirla Rae Dr.  Shady Hills, FL  34610

Thanks so much to each of you!
Jackie & Kids