From:
Debra Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Oct 2001 07:21:51 -0400
Good Morning Everyone,
First let me say thank you to everyone on this FML that has posted and
also emailed me many times helping me through the first weeks of new
ferret motherhood.  My babies are doing very well.

I was very interested in Crown Animal Bedding but upon further searching I
was unable to find it in my area and it was sooooo expensive to have it
shipped.  For a $10 bag it would cost me almost $50 for the total order.
Now that is crazy so I had to put that on hold.  I will not give up my
search so thank you for the people that told me about that.  We started
with the clay, yuck!  Went to really expensive Marshall's ferret litter...
I know I know I heard the wood stove pellets but didn't listen...sorry.
Marshall's was dusty when poured from the bag so what is it like in the
pan...hummm...won't use that again.  Then we went to the wood pellets and
alfalfa mix, ok I understand that they can have some reactions but my guys
are doing great with the mix.  I think we need to find what works best,
share it and appreciate all the info.  I love the wood pellets and so do
my cats and ferrets.  They are easy clean and do keep smell down.  My
kitties in the same room have stinkier litter.  Now I finally found a
local place for the yesterday's news and let me tell you I will try that
too.  There may come a day when I am unable to get one or the other and I
refuse to go back to clay litter unless it is an emergancy.  It was
horrible.  My only problem now is that we do not have free roam unless we
are home in the bedroom we have our babies and we have 2 kittens in the
same room until they grow a bit more.  We have clumping litter for
them...yes I know bad news.  Can you use the wood pellets or YN for them
as well?  I don't know if I can switch them over once they are big enough
to come out into the rest of the "crew".  Any suggestions?

Have a great day
Love, Debbie