From:
Trudi Casler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Oct 2001 05:49:27 EDT
well now that you know it...i just hope you follow thru with it
everyday... thats the only way you can make it up tp them...you should
always think of it this way...if this or that happened to you HOW WOULD
YOU FEEL?  cause thats how it is...our animals are not animals...they ARE
OUR CHILDREN, our BABIES, our fleash and BLOOD...they are no different to
me than my own children...so yes you are still gonna feel like s@#$ but
learn your lesson and dont ever do it again...

ive had ferrets for over 4yrs and i still feel guilty about this or
that...i learned about ferrets before i got them..i even picked out a vet
and talked to a vet...i had the cage and had every book i could find and
order...

my first was a 5 month old albino...we named her slinkey...slinkey got
sick after a month...took to the vet and did a barium series..thats when
we found out that slinkey was a he and not a she...and what i thought was
a belly button (an petco employee told me that) wasnt...so imagine my
surprise!!!  i always wondered why he loved those belly kisses so much!!!
but the stuff he got ahold of was a nesting ball...he ingested it and it
made him really sick...now you figure that i wouldnt have made a mistake
but i did...in fact these balls are designed for ferrets to use..but i
wont...

my point was just be there for them now..and go to the vet and have them
checked out and make sure that they have all their shots and since they
are of an older age get bloodwork on them...that way the time they have
left with you can be healthy and enjoyable for them and you!!!  and if
someone flames you just go on and forget it...cause NOW YOU ARE DOING
RIGHT BY THEM..so just keep doing it everyday...and they will love you
for that!!!

sincerly,
trudie