From:
Lolli Pop <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Oct 2001 19:20:16 -0400
I've been reading about all the nail clipping horror stories.  I'm
wondering if any of you have tried using Ferretone on the belly while you
do it.  When I do our weekly routine, I do ears first ('Tone doesn't seem
to distract them enough to let me mess with their ears) then teeth
(because that requires scruffing too) and then nails.  There's 10 ferts in
the house, all different personalities, etc.  but I can do all of their
nails myself.  I just squirt some 'Tone on their bellies, lean them facing
away from me, and clip.  They all ignore me, although some still pull.
I've learned which ones do (namely Grandma, who HATES having her feetsies
touched) and just clip once they've pulled a bit.  I actually look forward
to nail time (because it means ears are done!!) and it's not a bit hard.
Also, (*Knock On Wood*) I haven't nicked a nail too short since I learned
to do it this way.  Just an idea if y'all haven't tried it.

Also, my boy Brandon went to the vet today because his toe looked crooked.
It didn't seem to bother him at all, but his most outward toe on his back
right leg hung out, loosely, unlike his other toe.  The vet said it didn't
seem broken, he wasn't limping, etc. so he didn't feel the need to do
anything about it, but he noticed the knee of that leg kind of clicks.
Like when you twirl your wrists or neck and it grinds?  (Hopefully that's
enough information.) He's thinking maybe arthritis, but Brandon isn't
even a year old yet.  It doesn't seem like much is wrong, but I'm just
wondering if anyone had any insite to what the whole situation might be?
Thanks a bunch!

Lolli and the Lucky Seven (and our Aunt 'Tina's three too!)
  ...Gotta love the fuzz!