From:
Especially Ferrets <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Oct 2001 07:40:05 -0600
October 9, 2001

To all our Ferret Friends,

Reliable media sources have contacted me , the Ferretguy, to tell me that
the City of Aurora is enacting legislation in an effort to limit the
number of ferrets in a household to three (3) ferrets.  This is a further
effort I believe to restrict the unalienable and constitutional rights of
not only the American citizen to the right of life, liberty AND the
PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS, but the individual right of the home owners to do
as he pleases within the law in their own homes.  Is the City of Aurora
going to restrict the ownership of Goldfish, Hamsters, Gerbils and
"pocket pets" that spend most of their lives in cages to only three (3)
per household?  How about cats and dogs and birds?

Most pet owners do consider their pets as members of their families as
they rightfully should.  Animals have rights too!  They are intelligent
and sensient beings with feelings and emotions.  What is the next step for
the Gestapo run City of Aurora?  The restrictions of families to no more
than three (3) children?

I ask that you contact your local Congressman and /or Congresswoman and
let them know how wrong it is for the City of Aurora to discriminate
against ferrets!  This is nothing short of racial prejudice being
practiced by our own city government.  They are not executing the will
of the people but their own narrow minded agenda on defenseless pets!
Please help stop them.