From:
Kami Renee Bahr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Oct 2001 13:22:48 -00
I would like to thank everyone who helped me with my question about
yellow fur, sneezing, and itching post.  I was really panicking over the
incident, and your letters were of the greatest reassurance.

I think I panicked way too early.  I did not mean to imply that the vet
said he thought Aesir actually had distemper, he just said the symptoms
matched what he read, and he would like to check it out.  He told me not
to jump to conclusions, but I freaked out!  The vet is actually a very
good vet, he saved my first ferret Syf, and gave her a lease on life.  I
am forever indebted to him and I do not want to give you all a bad opinion
of him simply because I may suffer from an anxiety disorder and panic at a
moment's notice lol.  Honestly, he's a good man and a great vet.  I have
no complaints.

Anyway, he's not sure what's causing the itching.  He gave Aes a shot for
a certain variety of mite that can get under a ferret's skin.  He is not
sure Aes has this mite, but he's systematically trying to get to the
bottom of this.  If this doesn't work within three weeks, he's going to
have me experiment with changing fabric softener, food, etc.  He says Aes
has filled out nicely, and seems to be in tip-top shape.

Thank you all again for the exceptional help you've given me.