From:
kat parsons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Oct 2001 19:37:16 -0400
ok folks...

i opened my mouth about special needs ferrets....and got 8 feet inserted
into it...;-)

while at the chicago show...[where i saw many old friends and met a few
new...:)...]...my husband and i were approached with adopting 2 special
needs kids...[from someone we know and love...]...one a deaf biter
"Beethoven" and his friend "Snow" who is an albino biter...

my reaction was..."we have too many ferrets now!" [we are not a shelter...
we are a family with ferrets...]...my husband's reaction was..."let us see
these two..." ...LOL..this is a reversed situation..i am usually..."can we
have"..he is usually..."we don't need"...:)

well...THEY needed us...so meet "Beethoven & Snow"...

we were totally unprepared to get ferrets there...had NO intention of
bringing any ferrets home from the show...but with the help of special
friends...we were outfitted with cage, and comfortsfor the ferrets for
the 8 hour drive home...:)

they are ferret friendly ferrets...lucky us...and fit right in with my
"kitchen" krew...not a single skuffle...:)

when i let them out of the cage this morning after my "nap"...[we got
home at 5:30 a.m.]...they just danced up a storm...they were so happy...
they continued playing till exhaused ...about 4 hours solid play and
exploring... at which time i had to banish the kitchen krew to the
kitchen again to let another krew out from being caged all of friday and
saturday... [since we were in chicago]...LOL..they continued to run and
play for a while longer in there...did my heart good...this is why we do
what we do...:)

Beethoven's fur was really bad when we got him...but with his bath
today... it is a little better...hopefully with love and good nutrition
and a steady, secure homelife...he will blossom back to the ferret he
should be...so far only "nips"... but they are family now...we will let
them know that they are safe and do not need to bite...:)

thank you, Kim, we love them...and thank you for the vote of confidence
that we were the right home for them...and thanks for dinner too...it was
really good...:)

love,
kat
---
KITY=^..^=KAT and the Kollektive  http://www.geocities.com/ferretlover97
Rascal, Sassy, Wolfie, Monkey, Meeja, Pye, Noodles, Sandi, Hope-HollyHeart,
Eddie, Lucky, Cissy, Uh-Oh, Jack, Sassy-tudes, Angel, Lefty-LuvBug, Sonny,
Snow  & Beethoven...Holding "Li'l Bear" in my Heart...
Missing pieces of my heart...Marcel, LittleWhiteGirl, Narmy, OldGuy,
D'weezle, and the biggest pieces of my heart...Charlie and Geezer!
My ferret Afghans! http://www.geocities.com/crochetkat/ferret