"Michael \"Mick\" Schmid" <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 7 Oct 2001 03:29:45 -0400
Well, I went to the Kouri Fan Club website tonight.  I checked out the
Utah ferrets link and when reading the story got one BIG surprise!  My
fiancee Amy and I may have one of the ferrets mentioned on the page!  That
really sounds like Smudge, one of the 4 Utah ferrets we adopted.  He's a
fat butterscotch who loves to lay in your arms and look into your eyes.

The original idea was that Amy was just going to do a leg of the transport
for these boys, but due to some communication errors, we ended up keeping
them for a while, and decided to give them a forever home.

We ended up with Smudge, the butterscotch, who is content to just lay in
Amy's arms, Pirate Sam, a blaze who is blind in one eye and (mostly) deaf,
he got his name because when I first saw him, he walked like a drunken
sailor.  He's a bit overweight, which adds to his problem and was very
stiff, like he had never had much exercise.  Also Greedy Gus, A beautiful
Sable, he was very sacred of human touch, and was a bit of a biter, but
has come a loong way, he got his name due to the way he will beg for more
ferretone.  Last but not least is Brownie, a chocolate sable, somewhat
skittish at first, but a very gentle ferret.

It's been so rewarding to see how far the boys have come since we first
got them.  They have gone from scared, nervous, overweight ferrets with
little energy or endurance who seemed to not even know how to play to
energetic, curious, playful, trusting ferrets.  All 4 could stand to loose
some more weight and ad some muscle tone, but I'm sure that will come with
time.  They have integrated well with our original 4 and our lives are all
the richer for having them.

     Michael "Mick"Schmid
  Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
(When All Else Fails, Play Dead)