Lisa Wagner <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 30 Sep 2001 11:01:41 -0400
>Well, my albino ferret Aesir, has officially un-litter trained himself.
>He uses the litterbox as a bed.  He moves the paper litter around until
>he has a nice space, then drags his blanky over himself, and sleeps there.
>He poops in the corner opposite his new bed!

Sounds just like my Ben & Jerry!  Jerry imparticular insists on sleeping
in just about all of the litter boxes around the house.  We find it kind
of amusing.  He gets really fussy when I change the box and put new litter
in.  He goes through this ritual of digging through the litter to get it
just right and re-arranging the whole down stairs of the cage.  At this
point I am usually yelling at him telling him to knock it off, which makes
me look like an even bigger fool since he is deaf. (but I feel better)  He
knows and he knocks off the re-arrangement.  - I think he can really hear
me, selective hearing.  I will have to say they will only sleep in a clean
box.  So every now and then I will find both Ben and Jerry curled up sound
asleep in the litter box.  I guess the saying is true.  One persons' trash
is another persons' treasure....