Date:
Tue, 25 Sep 2001 09:40:34 US/CENTRAL
Hello everyone.  I've posted a few times to a couple of the lists, but
don't think I've ever really introduced myself.  My name is Sherry and I
live in Austin, Tx.  I'm mom to 2 cute little fuzzbutts named Elmo and
Zoe.  Elmo came to live with us this past June, he was given to us by a
girl at the pet store who couldn't keep him anymore due to some personal
problems.  Elmo is approx. 1 1/2 years and sorta of a sable looking little
boy.  Zoe, we just adopted this past weekend from the local ferret rescue,
handpicked by Elmo himself :-).  She is just under a year old with the same
coloring as Elmo but has more of a badger face.  Both are very cute and
sweet and not nippy at all.

My question is litter box cleaning, how hard can this be, huh?  I'm trying
to make it as simple as possible for myself.  They have a homemade litter
box that I made from a storage container that I cut in half to reach
across the width of the cage.  Right now, I'm enclosing the box in a small
trash bag and then filling with litter, so when I need to change it I just
pull back on the bag and the litter ends up inside the bag and I throw it
away.  But!!  They like to crawl in and out of the bag and I'm afraid
something could happen.

So, I guess I'm asking how does everyone do it?  Do I keep a supply of
paper towels on hand and wipe it out everyday and dump the used litter.
Do I completely dump all the litter and wipe?  Currently, I'm using
Yesterday's News, but I saw on the FML that some people used wood stove
pellets.  I think I may try looking for some of those this weekend.

Thanks a bunch,
Sherry, Elmo and Zoe