From:
Bre-Ann Rocha <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Sep 2001 13:58:58 EDT
Hello FMLers

Marley was a rescue ferret, the person who had him before me fed him dog
food, and kept him locked in a rusted old cage.  he is going on 6 years
old, has had hair loss all over his body, and i immiditaly thought it
could be adrenal cancer, got some tests done and the vet called last
night.  He does have it.  and the surgery is is available, but very
unaffordable for me.  hes not eating well, you can see almost all of his
bones in his tiny little body.

I had a dental done on him last year and the vet i took him to removed
most of his teeth.  (the ones that were rotted) he can still eat.  but
he doesnt eat much, i feed him myself when nessasary with a mixture of
ferretvite, ferretone, and ferret food.  he likes its although doesnt
cooperate all the time.  i recently bought a bag of superior choice ferret
diet from the ferret store and he tried to gobble that up.  i dont know
if hes not eating cuz most of his teeth are missing, or because hes sick.

I guess what i'm asking is, if anyone knows if there is anything i can do
to make him feel more comfortable?  i feel so helpless to him.  if anyone
has any suggestions please e-mail at [log in to unmask]

thank you
Bre-Ann