Date:
Sun, 23 Sep 2001 03:16:41 -0400
My 4 year old, dark-eyed white ferret, Jenna, just had adrenal gland
surgery about a week and a half ago.  I also have one other ferret, Amber.
When Jenna came home from the vet, I kept her in a separate cage, but I
would let her out for a little excercise while Amber was out.  They would
sniff each other and go their separate ways.  Jenna would just go into my
bottom dresser drawer for a snooze.  A few days ago, I put Jenna back in
her regular cage with Amber with my vet's permission.  Since then, very
time I let the girls out, Jenna sticks her nose in Amber's neck and
follows her everywhere she goes.  She has maintained this position for up
to 3 hours, and only stops because Amber wants to go in the desk drawer
or the dresser drawer to take a nap.  As soon as Amber wakes up, Jenna
assumes the position.  She isn't biting Amber, and Amber does not seem to
be bothered by this, but I think it's bizarre because Jenna usually just
goes off and does her own thing.  Jenna isn't even begging for raisins.
When Amber comes for her raisins, Jenna just keeps her nose in Amber's
neck while Amber snacks.  Is it possible that Jenna just missed Amber, or
could it be something else Jenna isn't licking Amber's neck, either...just
puts her nose there and runs along side of Amber wherever she goes.  If
anyone has any comments or suggestions, I'd greatly appreciate it!

 ^. .^
=  .  =