From:
Robert Jacobs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Sep 2001 09:32:11 -0700
Hello ferreters!!

I'm afraid that the nasty rumors of Kitty and I being back on the web and
back into the FML are 100% TRUE!

Several have inquired as to what we had been up to so I'll explain a
little of what's happened to/with us.

After the Kodo incident we lost our home but through friends we found a
house in Detroit which we financed and moved into.  Many of you will
remember us being there even.  I received an offer of employment from
C.R.  England trucking to go to work for them so I did.  Cross country
trucking, what a life.

In December of 1998 Kitty decided she couldn't handle being home alone (and
I can't blame her with the neighborhood we were located in) so she decided
to ride with me on the truck.  She wanted to see some of the country and
travel and what better way to go than to get paid while doing it.

The best laid plans of mice and men ya know.  After about 30 days of
riding around the country Kitty decided she'd like to try driving so off
to truckers school she went.  England has their very own drivers school in
Salt Lake City so that's where I dropped her off.  Lo and behold, a month
later Kitty is a certified and licensed trucker (watch out world, female
TRUCK, driver).

Now I gotta explain this.  Kitty is about 5' 6" and maybe 120 lbs dripping
wet.  I had a hard time visualizing her behind the wheel of an eighteen
wheeler.  I had my doubts and my second thoughts about this whole thing.
Surprise of surprises, she was an excellent driver!  She handled that
truck better than lots of old-time drivers I know.

We were assigned to a logistics sight delivering snack foods for a company
out of Appleton, Wi.  As a team we got priority treatment when it came to
loads and waiting for loads, they kept us moving.

On one stop in CACA land we were heading into the truck stop to eat when
Kitty heard funny noises coming from the garbage dumpster.  I told her to
forget it but she insisted on checking it out.  She opened the door and
listened for a long moment till the scratching started again then pulled a
cardboard box out of the trash.  Upon opening it we found several deceased
baby ferrets and two itty bitty almost dead babies.  Naturally we had to
try to save them.

To make a long story short, Little Man and Frita Rita are with us yet
today.  Kitty somehow managed to hand feed these two almost dead babies
and nursed them back to health.  England has a "no pets" policy on their
trucks but I'll be darned if we were gonna give these two up for anything.
There's lots of trucking companies who allow pets and if it came down to
it we'd simply change companies.

Sometime later, we were buying food etc.  at a pet store in Wi.  when a
lady came in with a ferret (about 4 months old we guess) demanding a
refund for it.  All the usual excuses for returning it ya know.  The store
clerk tried desperately to explain to this irate woman the no refund
policy on live animals at which this woman threatened to take the ferret
outside and stomp its head into the sidewalk.  I somehow managed to calm
her down and offered her $20.00 for her unwanted ferret.  We then had
three ferrets on the truck and welcome aboard Newbie!

Needless to say, these three younguns created quite a stir in the truck.
Lots of ferret tales created in our journeys.  Let me know if ya want to
hear em and I'll try to post a few.  In the meantime, we are in the
process of re-creating (slowly) WWW.KODOS.NET once again so as you get
time please check it out.  Now that the hubbub of that hectic time is over
we are better able to put things into chronological sequence and provide
more facts in their proper timeframe.

Big, sorry about the length of this post.  I probably could write a book
about now but I'll try to cut it off here.  We're just glad to be out of
the truck and back to solid ground.  I still drive, but only local
deliveries so keep your eyes out around Detroit, you'll never know who's
behind the wheel of that eighteen wheeler till ya get flattened!

Kitty -n- Carrowor