From:
Amy Meurer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Sep 2001 21:48:52 EDT
I am very new to the FML and all other ferret related clubs, lingo or
services such as SOS.  But, I do know that there are many sick ferrets in
Jackie Hawley's care and that even with my help and some other wonderful
people, she alone cannot care for them for an indefinent length of time.
I witness her selflessness and disregard for her needs so that the ferrets
are taken care of.  In the last 2 days she has had some serious medical
problems arise and now the regular shelter kids are at risk for ADV and
upper respiratory infections.  Not to long ago, Jackie took in my two
ferrets as I was unable to keep them because of my baby.  She took them
in and they have claimed her as their new mommy.  Without her, I wouldn't
know what to do.  I give as much as I can financially, for she has been
burdened by accepting my kids.  And if I am to be a responsible pet owner,
I will continue to donate supplies and my time.

I talk with her daily and each time we speak, I hear in her voice just
how deeply the lack of sleep and the constant worrying are effecting her.
There isn't one person alive that could care for so many sick ferrets all
by themselves.

The Dook Nook kids are in desperate need of water bottles, food bowls,
Yesterdays News Litter, Totally Ferret and so many other things.  But,
above all, she needs help caring for these beautiful fuzzies.  If you can
do anything to help her, please know that all will be greatly appreciated.
Even so much as a water bottle or a food bowl would be very helpful.

I can't always give money, but I can and will do always give my time and
services.  Please get in touch with Jackie Hawley or myself if you have
questions or donations.  And, thank you Jennifer, Shelly and Tiffany for
all you have done.  I know Jackie feels the same when I say, "We couldn't
have done it without you!"

Flowers for your thoughts...
Amy Meurer