From:
John & Shannon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Sep 2001 19:27:24 -0500
>********Correction: Just having your pets treated doesn't mean that your
>problem is gone.
>
>Anyone who has had a flea problem knows that having and getting rid of
>fleas is no easy task, it is often lenghtly and somewhat expensive.

I don't dispute that this CAN be the case, but that doesn't mean it ALWAYS
is.  It depends on how bad the flea infestation is, and partly where you
live.  In the area of Texas I live in, fleas are a rare problem, only
occurring if & when the season is right.  We have gotten fleas twice.
Once, we went through a long process of trying different things with our
ferrets and with our house being treated (the first house treatment I
turned out to be extremely allergic to!) to control the fleas, but in the
end, Advantage worked.  The other time we got fleas, we went straight to
the vet for Advantage, and did 1 1-month treatment per ferret, and the
fleas haven't ever come back.  We did not treat our house that time, and
it's not because it ad been done - the first time we lived somewhere else.

Anyway, I would recommend using Advantage on the ferrets first; it may
save you the expense of treating the whole house.  Then if that alone
doesn't work, nothing was lost since you would have had to treat the
ferrets whether or not the house needed it too.

Shannon, Sterling, Pandora, & Jasmin