Sat, 15 Sep 2001 00:22:36 -0400
Julie Fossa asked that anyone who has contacted her for ferrets from Utah
to please write again.  She'll have her hands full when she gets home with
50-60 ferrets and won't have time to wade through a few hundred emails.

The first transporters are in Layton and will be at Animal Control early
in the morning.  We don't have any further information on the ferrets but
all transportation and transporters are in place.

There's been wonderful response to help with the ferrets and
transportation.  More than we needed, in fact.  Once again, the ferret
community has responded to ferrets in need and our gratitude to all of
you.  There will still be many needs for these guys, vet care, supplies,
experienced homes once they're evaluated and especially funds to cover
some of the expenses and to reimburse Troy Lynn for funds she's taken out
of her own pocket.  Over $1000.00 as of tonight!  ADV test kits are needed
ASAP.

If we didn't respond to some of your requests, it wasn't intentional.
It's been rather hectic.  :) There may be a few more of the ferrets
available if we don't get replies from a couple of people about where to
meet so if you're interested, let us know.

The ferrets should be considered special needs and not immediately
adoptable as there's no way to know how healthy they are without visible
signs and they apparently are not in as good condition as first thought.
Besides health problems, there may be behavioral problems, biters and
muscle atrophy.

The kids aren't home "safe" yet but the final leg for them should arrive
in FL and Ohio late on Monday or early Tuesday.  Remember, we need your
help to help the ferrets.

Hugs to all,
Jackie