Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 1 Oct 2001 19:44:27 -0600
From:
Especially Ferrets <[log in to unmask]>
For many years now, ferret shelters, and others have been attacked by
animals terrorists on the home front.  We cry everyday in the shelters at
the things we see humans do to our beloved fuzzies all across this great
country and bear the pain with resolve to make it better.  Most times we
do, and at our own expense of time, money, materials, and sometimes with
the support of others who are so kind to just give whatever they can to
help us out.

Now we are attacked by radical muslims who blaspheme their God and try to
convince us through their terrorist act that this was done for Allah.  So
many lost their lives and family members and now many are losing their
jobs and soon their homes and it's just a vicious cycle.  My point is...
it's has been a heart wrenching two weeks.  The money is pouring in for
the relief effort those unfortunate victims in NY and The Pentagon.
Hundreds of millions and reportedly billions of dollars of relief.  I feel
for all those unfortunate people and then I have to look in the mirror and
see a rescue and shelter that has rescued thousands of ferrets over the
years that hasn't rec'd even one donation since 9-11-01.  I think of all
the other shelters that have gone into obscuruty because of the disaster
and think of how many of them are lacking in donation, not only now, next
week and next month and on and on.

Hillary Clinton today stated the charities around the world are hard hit
by this crisis due to all the money flowing to the 911 disaster.  Folks,
this post is not meant to downplay the importance or the horribleness of
the 911 disaster, but we are in dire need of help too.  Is it possible for
the world to take one minute out for us, the animal shelters of the world
and give to us too!  We animal shelters were here for every disaster that
has ever hit the world and we did our jobs quietly and with resolve.  Help
us now!  Hugs to all, Ferretguy