Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sat, 29 Sep 2001 22:46:19 -0700
From:
Percy Pwood Georgia Wood <[log in to unmask]>
That should have been Osage Oranges AS an Insect Repellant!

Diane asked a few days ago if anyone knew about Old Sage Oranges being
used as an insect deterrant.  I knew immediately it was Osage Orange, but
it's taken me a few days to remember to look for information on the net.

Diane if you still need/want the information, key in Osage Orange and
you'll get the usual raft of sites.  I didn't read the articles, but did
see that the Osage Orange fruit, which is called a Hedgeapple (so says the
site, I always thought the fruit of an Osage Orange would be the 'orange')
is a natural insect repellant.  And anyway, an Osage Orange's 'fruit' is
GREEN, so the whole thing is like one big joke.  The GREEN Osage ORANGE
produces a Hedge APPLE!  And not only that but it's all wrinkly and looks
just like a strange green BRAIN.  I've never seen them in Oregon, but when
I visit my daughter in the Virginia area, I like to bring them home
(picked up from the side of the road) and try (unsuccessfully so far) to
get one to sprout.

Milo has been practicing his 'trick' all evening.  He lays under the
ferret's plastic wagon and pushes the wagon upward.  Then when he has it
off the floor, he lets it drop so the wheels will 'crash'.  Then he checks
to see if he's brought me running, and if not he does it again.

Georgia - the left coast one...