Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Fri, 7 Sep 2001 12:41:22 -0400
From:
Todd Leuthold <[log in to unmask]>
Condolences to those with lost, sick, or angeled Free-Style Frolickers...

Sandra said:
>"Dogs have masters,
> Cats have slaves."
>
>Ferrets have ..........?????

No sense of shame?
Cohorts?
Partners in Crime?
Love-Struck servants?
Wild-Weasel War Dances?
Victims of Love?

Part II - Ziggy

I took Ziggy to the vet today, because he was starting to look very
lethargic.  After some tests, it turns out he has insulinoma.  A few drops
of Karo syrup and a dose of prednisone perked him right up (did you know
that ferrets can stick to the inside roof of your vehicle???) and he was
zipping here, there (not *there*!!!) and under, into and around everything.
Doc says that he will have to be on the pred for the rest of his life.

I don't know how old Ziggy is, as I got him from a girl who had rescued him
from someone else, who had rescued...etc.  However, the doctor said he was
of a rather advanced age.  He was also quite amazed at how well Ziggy has
been doing before I took him in.  No signs of insulinoma prior to the day
I took him in.

The vet also confirmed that his blindness and deafness are most likely
genetic, rather than from other causes.  He was surprised that Ziggy isn't
able to smell very well, though.  He said ferrets rely heavily on their
sense of smell.  However, Ziggy runs all over my house, without flaw,
getting to where ever he wants to be.  Knows where I am at all times.
Knows if I have snacks nearby.  Even knows good escape routes when Smokey
gets to be a pain!

Without three of his five primary senses, how does he *do* all of this?

---
Todd and the Fuzzbutt Rodeo Clowns!