Date:
Fri, 5 Oct 2001 06:42:39 -0700
People come onto the FML with "stories" then invite everyone to contact
them for the "rest of the story".  So often these "stories" are debunked
but NEVER is a retraction posted on the FML by the accuser.

I don't believe that BIG has ever allowed unfounded "stories" to be posted
on the FML.  Suggesting such a thing is an insult to those that post here
as well as BIG.

Exactly what information do you have that Kat's information is NOT based
on fact?  I see you neglected to mention that little piece of information.
Kat's post was not an attempt to have a "ground swell of FML'rs think
horribly".  She was merely sharing information about a shelter that may
be practicing inhumane procedures.  .  There are several out there and I
applaud her efforts to expose the wrong doing.  Additionally, she did so
without hiding behind posting anonymously.  "Call the shelter and address
the issue with them directly"??  As if they'd confess to such brutality?
Suggestions like that make me think that you must live in ferret fantasy
land.  If problems like these were solved that easily, shelter abuse would
be virtually non existent.  Kat: You are obviously part of the solution
even though you are not equipped to "take in every imperfect ferret from
this shelter" ( Another blue ribbon idea.  LOL.) .  I would find it
difficult to hold credible anyone's advice who has to hide behind the
anon.  post unless of course they are from California which you obviously
are not.  If you would take the time to re-read your post, you will see
the true definition of "part of the problem".

Kim Fox
Second Chance Rescue

[Moderator's note: Actually, I don't verify many of the posts.  If I
attempted to verify every post very little would get on the FML, plus I'd
leave myself open to all sorts of legal issues if I guessed wrong when
people thought I guaranteed everything to be accurate.

On major issues I do often question things before I post them -- heck,
even I know some things I receive are just plain incorrect.  And quite
often the poster thanks me and tells me to pull the post.  But sometimes
a poster insists it be posted and I comply provided the post otherwise
fits the FML guidelines (of course, I way comment or collect opposing
facts first).   BIG]