From:
"K. Crassi" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Oct 2001 18:50:15 -0400
>From:    "Michael \"Mick\" Schmid" <[log in to unmask]>
>The following are the main poisonous spiders in the continental US
>Please note, all spiders are venomous to a certain extent, so a ferret
>may be at risk from a spider that is not listed
>
>The full text can be found at
>http://vector.ifas.ufl.edu/chapter_07.htm#two

Also add the Hobo Spider, found in the Northwest of the US and western
Canada.  It's an introduced species from Europe.  See
http://hobospider.org/

WARNING, for those who are seriously arachnophobic, there is a huge
picture of one of these spiders on this site, right at the top of the
page.

In the story of the ferret who died, did the owner see the spider that bit
the ferret?  Is there any idea of what kind it was?

And to Amy, whose dad works in the Ford plant, do you know what kind of
spiders are up there by the lights?  I'm asking on behalf of some folks
who are very interested in spiders.  You can email me off list so as not
to turn this into the Spider Mailing List. :-)

Thanks,

Karen
Be Thou my vision, O Lord of my heart
Naught be all else to me, save that Thou art
Thou, my best thought, by day or by night
Waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light
                        -- 8th Century Irish Hymn
No trees were harmed in the production of this message, however
a rather large number of electrons were somewhat inconvenienced.
If you love ferrets, check out:
http://www.ferretwise.org