From:
Chris Perth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Oct 2001 09:42:17 -0500
Hi you guys!  :-D

Hope you all doing ok, humans and fuzzies (and that the sick ones are
getting better!)

I had tried posting about the problems I ve been having with the fuzzies
here (first two not accepting the new one, many vicious bites and screams
and A-bombs turning my apartment into a skunk cave!!!!  LOL!) but I guess
the post was so huge that didn t go in!  I just gotta learn how to be
straight to the point!

I had tried everything from the 4 books I ve read from cover to cover
(including wonderful Ferrets For Dummies), from the net and from archives
and people here so far Logan has stopped picking on the baby but Leeloo s
still very aggressive (hard bites but no puffed tails!).  Things are
getting better so I ll just hang in here and hope they start liking each
other with time I love the new kit too much already to even think of
returning her to the shelter!  (which was what the shelter lady suggested
I do)

Any TIPS on what else to try when introducing ferrets would be greatly
appreciated!!!  We really still need HELP!!!

What I tried: (they were introduced on neutral ground and the kit s
healthy) keeping them apart first, washing EVERYTHING, bathing all 3,
cleaning ears, scruffing and grounding the biters, supervising interaction,
playing and giving tons of attention to all 3, smearing good stuff on the
kit s neck to encourage licking instead of biting I know this subject
comes up a LOT but all of you experienced ferret- humans know how
frustrating it is, especially on the very first trouble- introduction!

THANK YOU all so much in advance!  This has been going on for over a WEEK
now, and I m with them pretty much day and night, and it s robbing me of
sleep

I would love not to have to be breaking up fights all the time or having
to separate any of them (which means someone won t be running around free!
over here nobody s ever caged, I got two small rooms they can stay when I
m not home but when I m here even all night they have the whole house).
I sure hope it won t take MONTHS like I hear it might!  Help! :-(

So I wanted to present you the new owner of my heart, little 3-month- old
cutie little SALMA!!!

I guess the color is called Champagne, or is it Cinnamon (anyone knows?!)
I know it s just another name for another variation of a very light Sable
(I think she s soooo cute lookin !  My first kit!!!)

She s soooo sweet, always following me around, plays and dances so cute,
poops 95% of the time on the right places, and has only bitten me because
she has this problem around FOOD!  (and not simple food, only the good
stuff, like the pieces of meat I feed them daily!).  I m pretty sure
little Salma came a bit traumatized from the Shelter, which might be one
of the reasons Logan and Leeloo haven t accepted her yet (she hisses at
them even when they re just walking by!  And some of her baby noises seem
to piss them off big time!).  Her neck was full of bite marks and since
she goes CRAZY near meat I think she was the underdog of the shelter She s
changed a lot though, trusting and cuddling much more and hissing less and
less.

Oh, and if anyone also has any ideas of how to make little Salma CALM DOWN
around food (so I don t lose any fingers!), that d be REALLY NICE too!
(thanks!)

If you want to see a photo of little Salma that d make us happy as well
You can just go to:
 http://cperth.vila.bol.com.br/salmae.htm

I m so happy and excited that this wonderful and mysterious phenomenon of
FERRET MATH has finally hit me!!!!! :-D

Take care then, and big hug and dooks to you all!

Chris, Logan, Leeloo and the newbie little SALMA!!!