From:
Faith Pollifrone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Oct 2001 07:27:44 EDT
How do you keep a ferret (bitey) from hurting a new kitten?  I just
adopted a stray and would like a few tips on introducing them together so
it's not a match made in Hell.  So far...it goes like this.  New kitten
wants to play...follows Merlin all around until Merlin turns around and
wants to play then it's what I call "Kill the Kitty" time.  :-(

He latches on and I personally think he loves to hear cats scream.  He
does this to our older cat but she can get away.  Is there anything I can
try to get him to quit this or is new kitty just stuck with being rescued
until he gets bigger and can get away from Merlin?  I'm just afraid that
new kitty will remember this and get even with Merlin when he's older. :-(

My other ferret, Cyrano lays down and lets the new kitten bat him a couple
times...it's like he just doesn't care.  He's my good guy. :-)  However...
if he's ticked...like in his cage and wants to come out then he beats
Merlin up until he's let out.  :-( So far that's his only bad habit... :-)

So does anyone have any tips on new kittens and ferrets?  Thanks for your
help.

Faith