From:
Bre-Ann Rocha <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Oct 2001 16:32:50 EDT
Hello everyone

I wanted to write everyone that has emailed me over the past couple of
weeks about Marley.  I stopped working to take better care of him.  Friday
was the last day he ate anything.  It seemed like on Saturday, he wanted
to just give up, u can see every bone in his body by this time.  I could
hardly pick him without wanting to cry.  I had a friend that works at a
vet clinic come over and give him some fluids, but it didn't seem to work,
I tried almost everyone's suggestions on the duck soup and I appreciate it
tremendously.  This weekend he was fed up with it and didn't even want to
bother.  He couldn't control his bowel movements anymore and I felt so
horrible.

Back in May when I took him to the vet that I took ALL my ferrets to, She
said he was okay, she listened to his heartbeat, felt his chest and wrote
something on his health record.  I asked if she should take a blood test
to see if it could be the adrenal cancer, she said that it wouldn't be
worth it.  Then she charged me accordingly.  When I wrote the list a
couple weeks ago, that's when I had taken Marley to another vet for a
second opinion.  I guess I was too late, the cancer spread all throughout
his little body.

We were planning on getting the surgery for him.  Until this weekend.
When my friend from the vet clinic told me that it would be best to put
him down.  :( I took him in at noon today (10-01-01) he was so skinny they
couldn't find a vein to put the shot in.  They asked us (my Mom and I) if
we were sure we wanted to stay with him.  I told him yes.  And they said
that they would need to do it through his heart.  The doctor who performed
this, said that his lungs were filled with fluid.  I am really hurt today,
but I'm also very angry and frustrated with myself.  Although I might have
rescued Marley from another home that neglected to feed him the right kind
of food, I feel that I neglected to get him the right treatment sooner.

Once again, thank you to everyone that emailed me so concerned and ready
to help me help this little guy.  Hes in a better place now, and will be
missed forever.

Bre-Ann