From:
Erika Vinson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Sep 2001 19:49:18 -0400
Dooks to al!

I can personally attest to the fact that these wonderful warted fruits do,
in deed, keep out the 8 leggers!

At first, I, too, thought - Ah, just an old wives' tale, that one hears
so much of, living in the country.  I broke ground on my house 4 yrs ago
Oct. 8.  It is in a rural part of the county in a still slightly rural
part of the state.

The first year, I accepted the spiders, thinking: OK - I invaded your
territory.  The second year, during the "fall rush" so to speak, I decided
that this small piece of ground was now mine, and it was the spiders' turn
to get out of my territory.  I gathered several of these lumpy bumpy green
orbs and put them all around the house outside.  I spent a week with some
out on the living room floor, watching to be sure that there was not going
to be any taste testing going on.  The ferts didn't even care to roll them
around, let alone nibble - so I put them in the closets.  Within just a
few days, I was spiderless!  They generally last about 6 weeks before
they shrivel up and need to be thrown out - but that is plenty of time to
convince the spiders it's time to go.  The ones outside, I just leave
there.  They don't smell - or leak anything as they "get old", and they
really do work.  If you are lucky enough to live in an area where you can
get them - go ahead!  This old wives' tale turned out to be true!

Peace
Erika