From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Sep 2001 12:16:19 -0400
>Madison has a cold that I think is turning into a respiratory infection,
>and I would like to take her to a vet that has experience with ferrets.
>Does anyone in the Cranberry Township/Butler Area (PA) know of a good
>vet??  OR...my boyfriend lives near Youngstown/Boardman, Ohio...I could
>take them to a vet near him (whatever it takes to find a good vet for
>my babies!!)  ANy help would be greatly appreciated!!  You can email me
>directly.  Thanks!

In the FML yesterday or the day before was this:

>Often the easiest way to find vets that are used by ferret shelters (and
>thus used to ferrets) is to look at the SOS shelter list which Bill Gruber
>sent out, or to see it again in places where it is posted such as the
>Files section at
>http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Ferret-Health-list .
>There also are recommended vets listed on thatsite, and vets' lists at
>places like http://www.miamiferret.org.  Suspect that Star Ferret and
>others still have lists but don't have those addies handy.  However, just
>about anything can be linked to from http://www.ferretcentral.org .
>
>I know there's a way to ask for it with the server but am going just
>on memory:
>
>***** Bill, DO correct me if I am wrong!  Is it that people write to
>[log in to unmask] and ask for SEND FERRET SHELTER LISTS? *****
>
>[Moderator's note: Nope... you write: SEND SHELTER LISTS         BIG]

Thanks, Bill!

I think that there may also be vet list at
www.thepetproject.com\ptff.html but am not sure; just know that Pam
has had one in the past.  In a bit of rush rihgt now.

Anyone else have any vet lists to mention for folk's files and further
references to help out anyone looking for vets?