From:
Amy Meurer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Sep 2001 18:23:33 EDT
About 2pm today, our fuzzies arrived via motorhome after long hours of
mad preparation and anticipation.  They (38 total) are getting settled in
and comfortable in their new temporary home.  What a wonderful and sweet
group of ferrets!  We would like to thank everyone who has helped with
the rescue.

After getting them in their cages, we began the play time rounds.  What a
beautiful and awesome sight to see them dooking and dancing like they were
at home sweet home.  So far, there have been no biters felt and all are
full of kisses.  I went around to each cage and made sure to hold, kiss
and love on each one.  If one didn't know any better, it would seem as if
these guys were long time residents.  We did have to do some creative
housing due to some fighting but once all that was worked out, the ferrets
put themselves to bed.  It was obvious that some had never experienced the
comfort of a caboose since they couldn't figure out how to get into it.
And boy did they have appetites!  Although, a few of them thought it was
funny to turn their food bowls upside down over and over.

We have our work cut out for us but they are truly worth it.  Thanks
again to everyone who helped.  We will keep everyone updated on the kids
and we look forward to sending them to their new homes in the near future.
If there are any questions, please E-mail Jackie Hawley at
[log in to unmask] or Amy Meurer at [log in to unmask]  Due to the
huge amount of work to be done, please understand if a response is not
immediate.