From:
"Caitlyn M. Martin" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Sep 2001 00:34:50 -0400
Hi, everyone,

Som of you might remember that I originally described Podo and Kodo as
happy, healthy, two year olds.  That was the information we had from the
previous owner, but it didn't seem right.  They looked healthy, but older.
Several people guessed their age to be around five.  Well... I talked to
the previous owner, and Renee talked to the folks at ECU, and we think we
know how old they are.  So... here is the revised post:

Podo and Kodo are big, beautiful, healthy, playful, and affectionate 7
year olds.  They are both extra large chocolate sable boys.  Podo and Kodo
been given a clean bill of health by Dr. Dan Hudson, and have had their
distemper shots.  They will get their rabies shot in two weeks and will be
available for adoption at that time.  The ear mites are gone.  Also, both
are litter trained now, and both are extremely gentle and sweet.  They get
along great with other ferrets, and love to run and jump and wrestle and
war dance, though not for as long as my younger guys.  They also love
people and can be very cuddly.  They eat Totally Ferret, have great
appetites, and have gained weight :) Kodo is about 3.1 lbs, and Podo is
about 2.7 pounds.

Because these guys are pretty old, I only want to adopt them out to
experienced ferret owners, preferably someone who has dealt with geriatric
ferrets before.  There are no medical problems now, and they could be
happy and healthy for a few years yet, but I want to make sure they are
with somebody who will recognize a problem if it ever happens and be able
to give them the love and care they need.  Also, Kodo and Podo are likely
brothers (from the same litter) and are very bonded to one another, so I
can't consider separating them.

The only reason I'm not keeping them is because three of our eight are
sick now, and extra ferrets are a bit much at this point.

If you are interested in taking these guys in and giving them a permanent,
loving home, please call me at (919) 569-0527.  I'm located in Franklin
County, North Carolina.

Thanks,
Caity