Date:
Wed, 12 Sep 2001 11:35:56 -0700
I have recently been under fire by a ferret "rescue" in PA in response to
my post "Many Thanks".  In this post I merely thanked everyone who helped
"ferret sit" for me while I was experiencing problems with my living
arrangement.  Additionally I found a home for two ferrets I had taken in.

Because of this post I received an email literally attacking me for making
this decision, accusing me of adopting the fuzzys out to someone who
should not have them ( incidentally not the same person as the ferrets
went to) and questioning my ethics, basically because I did not contact
this "shelter" specifically for help.  BTW I found the ferrets real homes
which seemed to be the better choice over sending them to another shelter.
Isn't this a no brainer?  So sorry I couldn't bring myself to add to your
staggering numbers enabling you to reach that "biggest shelter in the
land" status you are desperately working for.

I anticipate that these completely unfounded psychotic accusations are
only the beginning of this mess.  I am now anticipating alot of back
stabbing and flaming...again completely unfounded.  Paranoid am I?  No,
I've just seen this particular person in action before.  And this is the
purpose of this post.  I am requesting that anyone who has questions
regarding my rescue efforts, contacts me directly and I will provide the
truth.  (a concept which seems to have escaped the mind of this particular
shelter owner).

Also I'd like to comment about collectors posing as shelters.  Please
people, before surrendering your ferret to a shelter, CHECK THEM OUT.
These collectors are out for nothing but recognition for themselves and
do not have the best interests of the ferrets in mind....or heart.  I
have been to one of these places and the conditions are horrific.

BIG Thank you for this forum  Thoughts and positive energies to all
of those who have lost loved ones as a result of our nation's biggest
tragedy.

Kim Fox