From:
Pat Stauffer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Oct 2001 09:01:24 -0400
I had a similar experience with Rick from Feline Pine about a year ago,
and I agree.  The guy is rude, acts like he could care less about the
customers, and it is no sweat off of him if you buy the product or not.

For some reason the smell of wood stove pellets makes me ill, so I started
using Feline Pine.  I liked the product, I liked the wood smell.  I think
it keeps odor down, however the company policies are ridiculous.  The
litter itself is quite pricey and just in the past year has gone up.  I
was buying 400# a month.  There was a lady at the Petsmart giving a Feline
Pine demo one day and she gave me some coupons and said they had a breeder
program that you could join and get the litter at a discount.  I contacted
Natures Earth and was answered by Rick.  No they do not give ferret
breeders discounts, no matter how much litter you buy, ONLY cat breeders.
He went on to tell me how much they do for shelters.  I am not a shelter
and I am not going to say I am one.  Nor do I breed cats, I am allergic
to them.  He wasn't having it.  Cat breeder, shelter program or nothing.
Does he have something against ferrets?  I told him he did not make sense.
If I lined the driveway with the stuff,once I buy it what does he care?
How would he even know what I do with it?  I would still buy the same
amount.  Don't you think the discount should go by the quantity not what
you breed?  He still wouldn't budge.  His final offer was if I could
convince more ferret breeders to use the litter exclusively, they would
see about starting a breeders program for ferrets.  Uh ok I have time to
be your volunteer salesman, NOT!  I told him he certainly did not make a
fan here and I would not be recommending the litter to clients.  The
Petsmart brand does not smell as nice, but just on principle, I will buy
and reccomend that.  It is apparently no big deal to him.  Months later
they came out with All Pet Pine.  Smaller bags, bigger prices, and smaller
pieces that could get stuck up a ferret's nose.  I don't think so........

Pat Stauffer
Weasels
http://pages.prodigy.net/staufferp/