From:
Mamabearw4 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Oct 2001 22:52:15 -0700
Finally I was able to access this group, it took me days.  Apparently I
had the wrong address to start with, but thanks to some wonderful web
sites I am finally in.

Let me introduce us.  I am the proud owner of two beautiful ferts.  My
first is squeaky and female sable that I purchased about 7 months ago.
The second is Harley a male Panda that I bought a week ago.  Both are
Marshall ferrets.  Squeaky was very healthy, active and fun when I brought
her home.  Harley on the other hand concerned me a great deal.  Supposedly
he is about 6 weeks old, I find it really hard to believe.  He is so tiny
and seems so not very old.  Wobbly on his feet, tries to suckle still, and
barely able to eat his food.  I am giving him ferret food now and baby
food.  I have recently read that marshal's is under a lot of scrutiny and
truly hope they aren't shipping out babies way to early.  Luckily Harley
seems to be improving with lots of love and care.  My main concern is
whether squeaks will like him.  She was really rough with him, biting at
his neck being kind of mean.  Her tail wasn't puffy and I wasn't sure if
she was just playing or was truly mad.

I have never had two ferrets together, this is a first, and would
appreciate any advice on how they play together.  Is it kind of scary to
see at first, like omg are they going to kill each other.  I have
secluded Harley from Squeaky until he gets bigger, but would like to know
what I have to watch for once I introduce them.

Well that's it for now, I will keep posting, I really like this group.