Date:
Tue, 9 Oct 2001 18:33:36 -0700
>I was wondering what other methods are available to take blood out from a
>ferret for a blood test.  I was told that from yugular arteria in the neck
>is one option, although I don't know how safe is this for the ferret....
>Cathie

Hi Cathie

If you go to this website, it shows blood being taken from the side of a
ferret's rear leg.

http://www.lbah.com/Ferrets/ferretcancer.htm#blood%20sample

I hope that helps you.

My boy recently had blood taken from his jugular -- he was anaethetised
for the procedure and was a little groggy but fine by the time I took him
home in the afternoon.

Cheers

WeEz
owned by 6