From:
Amy Sodus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Oct 2001 09:06:38 EDT
>For the past few days, about two hours after I put new food out for
>Chance, I find tiny ants crawling in it.  This also happens overnite.
>I'm not putting much out at once as I keep dumping it.  I can't find the
>source of the ants.  They aren't anywhere else in the house, just in his
>food dish.  Any suggestions?

First of all, check the bag.  I also have the same problem with ants.
I've been here five years in my apt.  Absolutly no bugs, ants..... Just
this summer I've been having problem with ants.  I think in part it may
be due to the fact that I was fostering a rabbit for the early part of
summer.  They came where I was throwing out her messy newspaper.  The
kitchen garbage can under the sink and the can in the hallway.  I got rid
of those permantly and used baby powder.  I was not going to use a nasty
chemical due to the ferrets in the kitchen and the hallway right off the
kitchen.  Then they started comming in the bathroom where their food bowl
is.  Right under the moulding.  I went nuts with the baby poweder.
Stopped them for a while.  Did it again and took a wet cloth to wipe it
in the moulding and make a barrier.  It worked.  Now, I still have two or
three ants about once a week only if I don't clean up the food.  What I
have to do twice a day, (two playtimes, morn and night) is pick up the
food bowl and put it on the back of the toilet, sweep up all the food
crumbs, and shake out the bathroom rug, where they eat the food.  I've
never had ants in the food bowl.  What attracts them and what they crawl
all over is all the small food crumbs on the floor.

Amy and the boys
God Bless America