From:
Pam Sessoms <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Oct 2001 23:46:58 -0400
Shari Gunter mentioned briefly in yesterday's FML that Ferret Guardian
Rescue Haven (shelter mom Diane Campbell) has just taken in 25 new
ferrets - these were surrendered from a small breeder who could no longer
afford them.  I have a few details to fill in.  PLEASE refer back to her
original post for details on vet accounts, or e-mail me privately for
them.

All of these fuzzies will need to be spayed and neutered, which will be a
major cost.  Plus, they need basic exams, heartworm tests (they were kept
outside and not on preventative meds), and shots.  Also, four of them are
sick right now.  Diane was already having major, major vet expenses, so
this is even more heaped on top of that.  There are pictures of these
guys, taken soon after they came in, at:

http://www.ferretguardian.org/breeder-rescue/

Right now, there is just an index of pics because I haven't had time to
write a web page for them.  The pics show the ferrets after their cages
had been cleaned but before they had bedding, etc, added to the cages.
The ferrets came in with no bedding, hammies, etc, and are accustomed to
just heaping on each other on the bare wire mesh.  When given litter pans,
they all pile in there, because it's more comfy than the mesh.  They don't
know what to do with blankies yet, but they will learn.  :)

Also, Diane has received a call or two about getting breeding pairs.  We
don't need more ferrets in this area right now, and these guys will all
be spayed/neutered before leaving the shelter.

Best wishes, and thanks for any help,

-Pam S.