From:
tasha faill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Oct 2001 08:59:19 -0400
Hi all,

My father sent me an amusing response to an email I sent him telling about
the new ferret in my life.  Thought you all would appreciate it.  Sorry
for the length but I think its worth it.  Oh, the reference to Delta and
Portland is due to my planning to visit them this christmas, furballs and
all.

Tasha and the GA furballs

For many years, I've heard that cats ruled the world in time past, but
then they got smart.  They inflated the egos of humans by pretending to
put them in charge.  Now the cats of the world can lie around all day,
sleeping, fighting, peering out the windows, chasing rodents outside,
andwhatever else they want, while humans work all day to keep the world
in some semblance of order.  Why, cats can even knock things off shelves,
counters,and table, like a vase of flowers, a candle stick, a valuable
dish, and not suffer any consequences.  They're smart, those cats!

Now it seems that ferrets are figuring out the same gambit.  All they have
to do is run around looking cute, fighting, and playing games.  And those
humans take care of everything else.  Even the medical expenses are paid
by humans!  They're smart, those ferrets.

The only positive aspect is that all of your ferrets are male.  Otherwise,
they might, rabbit-like, multiply and multiply, easily dwarfing any ferret
shelter you've ever seen.  And I'm sure Delta would love to haul you and
your ferret hoard to Portland.  Well, it would fill the seats.  A
plane-load of ferrets?  That's mind-boggling!