Date:
Mon, 1 Oct 2001 14:23:19 EDT
Hello everyone.  I have a couple questions about my four ferrets.  First
off, they itch, and I mean really itch!  I've checked for fleas, no
"visible" flea type parasites or anything.  Which is good, since they are
treated once a month for fleas.  They get baths about once a month (unless
they've gotten into something nasty) and their bedding is washed once a
week.  No ear mites, and they dont dig at their ears anyways.  I put oil
free lotion on them after baths (not even that helps) in case it's dry
skin.  I can't find ANY reason they'd be itching like they do.  They act
as if they have fleas.  They'll be sleeping, and all of a sudden one will
jump up like a bomb hit her/him rite in the tail end and scratch like a
maniac all over.  Second, I have a lil girl..she'll be about 2yrs old in
Spring time.  When she was given to me, she wasn't as tiny as she is now,
and I noticed that on her lower tummy by her leg she has stitches..these
stitches have been there for God knows how long.  She walks ok, plays and
eats normal, but she is SO tiny it's unbelievable.  Will the stitches hurt
her or should I take her to my vet and have them removed?  From the looks
of them, (you can barely tell they are stitches) they've been there a very
long time.