Date:
Wed, 26 Sep 2001 17:30:06 -0500
Dooks all!

Just dropping a line about the new baby here at War Dance.

Bilbo is a happy, healthy little rascal.  He goes to the vet tomorrow for
the first of the rest of his distemper shots (keeping fingers crossed that
nothing happens!), and then he's going with me to the meat counter at the
grocery store.  You see, Baby (the tailless furball cat) had knocked a
piece of pork chop off the kitchen table today.  Bilbo apparently beat the
cat to it and when I picked this little carpet shark up to find out what
he had....hiss, bark, hiss--CHOMP!  I made the mistake of trying to take
said chop away from the little monster.  Think I'll have any problems
getting him on a BARF diet????  I don't think so, but my finger hurts
where I learned that lesson.  Ye gads I had forgotten how sharp little 11
week old teeth are!

Also, I have a question: I know that Panda/Blaze marked ferrets have a
tendency to be deaf, but has anyone heard of a cinnamon/light sable--with
no blaze, no mitts, just a perfectly marked mask--being deaf?  Or is he
just ignoring me?  Loud noises don't seem to bother him, and I think I
scared the poop out of him when I came up behind him during the chop
incident.  Any suggestions?  He'll be going up for adoption when he's
gotten all of his shots and I figure out the hearing part.  I've tried
the squeak toy test, but he sometimes reacts, sometimes doesn't....

Blessings from the peanut gallery
Tammy K
War Dance Haven
(missing Harri)

Trying to explain ferret math to a non ferret owner
is like trying to explain Physics to a 3 year old.