From:
Lisa Wagner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Sep 2001 12:01:31 -0400
I know this is off topic, but I think many of us are still reveling from
Tuesday's horrific events.  Last night (Friday) I was so proud to be an
American as a group of us stood outside for a 1/2 and hour with our
candles lit.  So many cars went by and horns blared in support.  It was
heartwarming.  Neighbors that we never new came and joined us.  At 10:00
est we had our moment of silence and then sang God Bless America.  In that
moment of silence I reflected on the lives lost and all those left behind
and all the suffering.  One of the things that I reflected on was what if
we as a country did nothing.... What if violence did not respond with
violence.  Just a thought.

It was just so peaceful to be among the glow of the candle lights.

God bless us all.