From:
"Bill Gruber, FML moderator" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Sep 2001 03:14:46 EDT
Over the past few days we've all been stunned over the acts of terrorism
that have taken place.  Posts about the tragedies even appeared on this
list -- a list normally fairly strict about off-topic posts.  I guess I'm
as stunned as everyone else!  (Perhaps more so since I live in New York
and saw the towers burning -- from a distance, luckily.)

As we wind down posting about the tragedies of the 11th and return to
posting about ferrets [hint, hint], I'd like to suggest we celebrate.
Huh?  Celebrate???  Yes!... celebrate the concern of people everywhere.
This list is such a perfect example of people helping each other worldwide
I thought it tied in rather nicely to the worldwide concern being shown to
the victims of the terrorism.  On the FML we put aside feelings of racism
and work toward a common goal.  I hope one day we practice this everwhere.

Here is a URL pointing to touching pictures of people around the world
showing concern over the events of the last few days.  No, it's not ferret
related, but I hope it reminds us how much we have to celebrate and moves
us to do a better job than ever sharing our lives with the lives of our 2
and 4 legged friends.

http://www.industrial.mu/world/
http://www.dd.org/world-mourns/                 [mirror]
http://www.shodor.org/world-mourns/index.shtml  [mirror]