Date:
Wed, 12 Sep 2001 21:35:59 EDT
The director of the shelter housing the ferrets in Utah has given out a
hotline number for all of us.  The number is 1-801-444-2205.  She told
Lisa of PETA she wished to address all of us on the FML.  With the
terrorist attacks on the United States-this may not occur now.  Or maybe
she just said that to appease PETA.  Who can say?

The message on the hotline number states that the ferrets were never going
to be euthenized, which is in contrast to the newspaper article.

Those still fighting to get the ferrets out of this situation are up
against multiple contradictions.  This is just one.  Again, according to
the newspaper article I gave out today-the article mentions Jen trying to
get a stay of execution for 260 ferrets.

The people involved in the attempted rescue don't care about the
discrepancy now that the director has said she will not kill the ferrets.
They just want them in good homes as soon as possible.  I just wanted you
to see and hear for yourselves so you can kind of understand the
difficulty here.  AND realize from the article that the ferrets needed a
stay of execution.  Why would they need a stay of execution if they were
not going to be killed?

On the act of war against the United States--I cannot help the heavy
feeling in my heart, or the difficulty to concentrate.  People in this
part of Illinois came out in such numbers to give blood that our group was
turned away and asked to come on another day.  The prices of gas went
down.  The stations price gouging all over Chicago have already been shut
down.  And there has been no further fist fights or block long pile ups we
have heard of or observed at the gas stations we pass.  Our neighborhood
is flying the American flag in over 50 percent of the homes here.

So many dead. There was not a one of us who has not been in tears today.

Lisette