From:
Kathy Maxwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Sep 2001 16:00:35 -0500
First I want to send prayers to all the people involved directly or
indirectly in the horrific events that have unfolded in the U.S. today.

The Canadian Red Cross has sent out a national call for blood donations
to help those in need.

For anyone that may be expecting people on international flights that were
caught in the air during this tragedy I want to let you know that they may
be in Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada.  We have suspended all air travel across
Canada, closed down borders and heightened security.  Pilots making
requests to land have been diverted here to Winnipeg.  We are told to
expect up to 60 inbound flights.  So far we have had 17 planes land-14
domestic and 3 international.  If you need information go to www.waa.com .

I work for a courier company located right in front of the airport and the
police and R.C.M.P. surrounding the airport is phenomenal.  No traffic is
allowed into the airport except authorized personal.

I talked to a customer today that is worried about a cousin that worked on
the 14th floor of the World Trade Center.

We just received a report here that a man was taken off a plane at gunpoint
by officers in Yellowknife, NWT.  We don't yet know if this is related.
Will update everyone later.

Has anyone heard from BIG yet?

Sending prayers and hugs to all

Kathy and the Ferret Collective