From:
Gina Fritz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Sep 2001 22:01:35 -0700
I was in the pet store this weekend and there was a "tank" full of ferrets.
From the outside they looked healthy enough but they had no food just
water.  I asked the "kid" behind the counter why they didn't have food and
her response was the young ones are fed every few hours and the older ones
are fed twice a day because the pet store vet said they were obese.  I
explained to her the 4 hour digestive period and that they are obese
because they don't get play time.  I would have had a better response from
a tree.  In any event before I call the owner of the petstore I would like
to confirm my facts.  Fat or not a ferret should have access to fresh food
and water at all times, Correct?

Gina Fritz