From:
Modern Ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Aug 2001 00:48:39 -0400
Or, as I might spell it, Valentine ferrets :)

>From:    [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Re: Valetine ferrets
>
>[log in to unmask] writes:
>>You mentioned doing profiles of different people involved with ferrets
>>in your last e-mail.  Do you happen to know anyone who has met because
>>of a ferret or ferrets and later married or gotten engaged?

Our friends Sue Morrow and George Parker met through _Modern Ferret_
Magazine and their love for ferrets.  They originally lived in different
countries and are now married and have a beautiful daughter named Sarah.

The fuller story:

Back in the summer of 1994 we contacted Sue Morrow regarding the ferret
show she was putting on in November.  We told her that we were planning to
launch a magazine about ferrets.  She seemed surprised but interested and
polite.  She suggested we work on more of the planning details.  By the
time her show arrived, we had put together our show display and had created
the "Modern Ferret" look.  _Modern Ferret_ made its debut at the Big Apple
Ferrets Fiesta thanks to Sue.

Early in 1995 we received a call from the U.K.  from George Parker.  He had
heard about the magazine and wanted more information about it.  It was very
exciting to realize that we were starting to have a worldwide reach.

We grew to be very good friends with Sue and spent a lot of time hanging
out with her as well as travelling with her to ferret shows up and down
the East Coast.

Sue told us she wanted to import some ferrets from England in order to help
improve the breeding pool in the US.  We were able to put her in contact
with George.

Sue went to England to get the ferrets, met George, and thus began a very
expensive telephone relationship.  After some visits back and forth, Sue
moved to England and the two of them got married.  As I mentioned in the
beginning, they now have a wonderful daughter, Sarah (as well as ferrets).
We miss having Sue to hang out with, but we are very happy for them.  We
even have one of their (ferret) children- they were the folks who bred our
ferret Cauliflower.

You can see the photos I took at Sue & George's wedding (including a photo
of the two of them with a ferret) in _Modern Ferret_ Magazine Issue #18
page 54.

- Eric

Modern Ferret Magazine - For ferret owners. By ferret owners.
Mary & Eric Shefferman & the Fuzzies:
Trixie, Balthazar, Cauliflower, Koosh, and Gabrielle
http://www.modernferret.com  - http://www.ferrettradingpost.com
http://www.ferretdesigns.com - http://www.ferrettelevision.com
http://www.modernferrets.com - http://www.modernferretblog.com