Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 19 Sep 2001 05:29:40 -0400
From:
Todd Collins <[log in to unmask]>
Well, almost.  My oldest, Mattie, has been coughing like crazy the past
few weeks.  It was so bad when it started that I separated her from Beeper
so she could get some rest and to isolate the bug.  She was coughing so
hard her whole body was involved, and the sound was like a quacking.  She
was really listless and her eyes were half closed, would only move to hide
behind the desk, and when I fished her out she would walk three feet then
plop down, exhausted.  She recovered from that, but about every two to
three days she gets into a coughing jag.  She is just as active as ever,
bright eyed and bushy tailed.  She eats and poops regular.  No discharges,
and after the first day no congestion in her lungs.  I am figuring a cold,
since this human has been down in the dumps and coughing a bit too, though
with the weather change, allergies, and a nasty smoking habit I have other
reasons to cough (no I don't smoke near the ferrets).  I worry about the
length of recovery, but she looks too darn healthy to bring in the vet.
She's 2 1/2 and back with Beeper wh is fine.  Any ideas for a ferret with
a cough?

Todd
owned by
Mattie and Beeper