Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 13 Sep 2001 00:34:49 -0400
From:
With yesterday's tragedy, many of us are still feeling the shock and many
of us have friends that are still unaccounted for.  My thoughts and warm
wishes for each of you.

Troy Lynn doesn't have email at home so I'm trying to post for her...

Things started happening quickly this afternoon and too late to get a lot
of the information we need to be able to give a lot of specifics but....
we need to get the ferrets out of Animal Control by Saturday.  A.C.
closes around noon on Saturday and there will be no one to care for the
ferrets over the weekend.  Some are not doing too well so it's imperative
to get them into homes/shelters ASAP.  Davis County has complete control
over the ferrets now and they will NOT be euthanasied.  You don't need to
call or write them any longer but thanks to all that did.

Julie Fossa will be picking up about 60 prior to that but it still leaves
anywhere from 150 to 200 ferrets per today's Utah paper.

There will be no cages/carriers to transport the ferrets in.  We need
to get at least 75 overnighted by tomorrow.  IF you can send a midsize
carrier large for two ferrets, along with a food bowl, food, water bottle
with a cage cup for under the bottle or a cage cup that will fit on a wire
grid, a hammock and a blanket, please do.  We know it's expensive for
overnight shipping.  We plan to talk with Joe at The Ferret Store tomorrow
in hopes of getting a few donations sent out.  You reading, Joe? :)  Or
you could order from The Ferret Store and specify overnight shipping.

In order to rectify some of the confusion with so many emails going in
many directions, here's what tle would like.

Transporting/Transportation
Email me, Jackie, at [log in to unmask] If you can get to Layton to
help with picking up and transporting some of the ferrets, that would help
tremendously.  If you can meet the person transporting along one of the
routes still to be determined, please let me know.  If anyone has a
motorhome going in any direction from Utah east, please let me know.
Anyone have a plane to fly some of the kids to needed destinations?  Can
you help with the cost of renting a motorhome or two?  There are people
from around Utah to Fl that are willing to take some of the kids but we
need help with the shorter runs.  Anyone in CO that can drive to Branson,
MO?

Supplies
Anyone that can help with supplies (carriers, food, bowls, blankets,
hammocks), please send email to Donna Christen,
mailto:[log in to unmask]  Let Donna know what you're sending and
how you're shipping or if you've ordered from The Ferret Store.

Shelters/Homes
Those wanting to take in some of the ferrets, please let Sandy Adams,
[log in to unmask], know how many you can take, where you live and your phone
number.

Funds
SOS will receive your donations to help with any incidentals we may run
into, vet care, help with the cost of transportation, etc.  Please see
Judith's post re donations.

Some of these kids are adrenal plus other illnesses.  We'll try but can't
really take specific requests for young, old, or ill or particular colors.
The objective is to get them into homes/shelters where they'll be safe,
cared for and loved.  We don't know if they've had ece or adv.  We'd
really like to have adv test kits or funds to help with testing but the
priority is still to get the kids into proper care.

Davis County Animal Control has tried to do the best they can for these
guys, better than we gave them credit for.  It's up to us, the ferret
community, to take the little ones and provide them the homes they
deserve.  Their mailing address is:

Davis County Animal Control
Deanne Hess
1422 E. 600 North=20