Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sun, 9 Sep 2001 10:21:38 EDT
From:
I received e-mail concerning the numerous ferrets that are reported to have
been seized.  I never heard of such a large number of ferrets being held in
one place.  Money was needed badly my message said.  I passed the message
on not knowing if this is at all true, or someone just wanting money,
because I did not want to take a chance on being wrong.  But I am utterly
in the dark.

Does anyone know why the animals were seized, are there really over 200
ferrets involved, have these animals had distemper, rabies shots and been
tested for ADV(?)

Why is money going to change anything?  Who is lined up to take in these
ferrets?  Are there any shelters or people on this list actively and
directly involved to let us all know the particulars?

This was a place of shelter for reptiles and ferrets.?  The reptiles were
confiscated also?  How many reptiles?  There are reptile lovers on this
list, and resources possible for them to save their lives also.

How many volunteers were there to care for all of these beings?  There have
got to be a number of them, would you not think?  Can They each house 20
ferrets until others can help out?

I have limited resources and just need to know more.  If the volunteers
or employees of the shelter could each bring home ferrets until others
can help out?  Is this not a strong possibility?  I know most volunteers
already have dozens of rescues at home.  So please understand that I am
just trying to understand, and guess others need to have more info also.

Was this a good shelter or one of those sad, awful places we have read
about over the years?  What shape are the ferrets in?  How is anyone
keeping all of them for the time being?

If each of the volunteers can hold on to the Utah shelter ferrets for
now-they have a chance of being placed.  Are any of the people with the
shelter doing this?  Attempting to do this?

I am very concerned: over 200 ferrets taken and about to be euthanized?
It is like a nightmare.  How could this happen?  What went wrong?  Other
shelters may be in danger of the same thing happening to them ?

Lisette