From:
Date:
Thu, 6 Sep 2001 12:19:33 EDT
For the last few nights I've been talking to a kind man from the FMl, who i
will name anon, in case he doesn't want anyone to know.

He contacted the other local ferret shelter in L.V.  to see if she can help
out the shelter, she said she would.

Well I called her after talking to him, at his request.  There have been
problems between us in the past but for the sake of the ferrets I was
willing to put it all behind.  She had told him that she would take in
all the ferrets and was very helpfull at first.

When I called her she was not so willing and I explained that I would
rather have her keep her cages open for all the ferrets I won't be taking
in, its hard to say if she was really agreeable to this but she kinda
agreed.  so Mr.X and i spoke again last night and he had talked to her
again about the shelter and urged her to call me as she stated that she has
a waiting list of poeple wanting ferrets.  He asked her as I did to send
them my way.  i'm giving most of the ferrets away or asking for a small
donation.  she knows this as I told her this.

Well she told him that she won't do that because she will not get the
adoption fee.  He explained that he did not want animal control to get the
ferrets, she told him that they would take them and euth them, which is
untrue.  We would get them out again, I have friends there at the pound
and A.C.  He asked her again to call me and if she sent anyone my way I
would split the adoption fee, if I even get one.  Well that wasn't good
enough either.

so now as it stands I will not count on the other shelter for help, as it
seems the ferrets best interests are not on the top of her list.  so if
anyone wants to or was thinking of calling her for help, please don't.  I
will get the ferrets relocated as best as possible with everyone elses
help.  I really hate to post this but this is fact.  Maybe someone on this
list knows her and will be offended by my post but its the truth.  If you
want to call me and discuss it I'll be more that happy to talk to you.  I
just probably won't be believed.

Its a very sad state of affairs here in L.V.

Maybe Mr.x can post anon and tell his story so you don't think I'm making
this all up.

Anyway, please any local Las Vegans, can you foster until Oct 1st when the
rescue train comes down from the Oregon/Washington area.  They are willing
to take as many as I have to go.  We just need to place them for a while.

contact me at 702-876-8224 for more info.

Thanks again,
CJ