Date:
Sat, 1 Sep 2001 08:39:53 -0700
Hi folks, been awhile since I posted.  Things are going well with our two
ferrets.  The Kidd is now 5 months old and is convinced we are hiding all
the GOOD stuff in the garage.  It is off their play room, so a constant
watch of that door.  Parris (1 1/2 yr.) has not bitten me in over 6 weeks.
I am very proud of her, there have been many times she could have and
didn't.  The last time was not to the bone, and she let go on her own.  I
have learned so much from her, a very emotional little being.  She is now
more relaxed, playing more, tolerates being held for short amounts of time.
I can tell when she has had enough of this kissy stuff, her face changes
expression and her body gets hot.  It's time for a final kiss, then down,
thank you!  The Kidd responds to hissing and NOBITE when he play nips.

Now a ?  I have not given them a bath yet.  I actually like their ferrety
smell.  Their area is clean, bedding/hammies washed regularly.  From what
I read, most do not like bath time.  Even though I don't feel they need a
bath now, perhaps when they start shedding it would be beneficial.  My
concern is Parris.  Do you more experienced ones think this would set her
back.  I have given them a pan of water to play in on hot days, she will
put her tippy toes in, never gets very wet.  The Kidd turns tad pole.  My
thought is to put a tiny bit of warm water in the bath tub, just for play.
Slowly introduce running water, pour a little over them, eventually working
up to ferret shampoo and rinse.  This over several *play times*.  Would
love to hear what you have done to make bath time pleasant for both of you.

In Touch, Ardith
Parris and The Kidd

mailto:[log in to unmask]