From:
Priscilla Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Sep 2001 03:39:51 EDT
>From:    Randy <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: tail fur loss
>
>Funny the topic of rat tail came up recently, as I am noticing the same
>with one of my fuzzies.  Mostly at the last 1-2 "of his tail ..
>just like described in the other posts... No fur loss anywhere else...
>
>What was the conclusion on possible treatments besides watching the
>laundry soaps and softeners??

Two of my fuzzies have recently been afflicted with "rat tail," and I've
used stridex pads to work it out.  In my opinion "rat tail" has been
brought on by stress.  Some say it's a skin condition (blackheads, etc.)
but I've found that a lot of stability and cuddles can do wonders as well.
I came to this conclusion because my small, shaky fuzzbutts have been the
only ones with this problem.  Hope this helps.  : )

Priscilla, Hopper, Spike, Strawberry, Ferris, Scooter,
Riki, and Gurly with a dash of Evan and Eric