From:
Date:
Sat, 1 Sep 2001 10:57:26 EDT
I have rescues from that shelter.  One had marks around her neck like she
may have been chocked or had a tight collar on.  She has lung and breathing
problems that will last her entire life.  I was told they were not doing
that any more.  but that shelter is the only one that won't turn ferrets
over to me, they would rather euthanize them than give them to me.  i can
adopt some of the ferrets but I get charged $50, which makes it hard to
help out the ferrets there.

I wanted to talk to the press about this a while ago when the shelter was
under fire for other things but they were not interested, maybe now they
will listen.

If anyone wants to contact them and let them know to contact me for more
info, go ahead.  I'm working my butt off and don't have time right now.
They need to be stopped if they are continuing to do this.  Calling the
shelter won't help much, call the papers, news, etc.  Public exposure will
maybe help get these ferrets out of there and in a safe place.  all my
contacts at the shelter are gone, so we can no longer sneak the ferrets
out of there the night before their euth day.  I always worry about the
ferrets that end up there.

Dewey the other shelter will let me take ferrets out of their shelter so
they don't have to euth them.  The Animal Foundation would rather get the
money for the slaughter of the ferrets than see them go to a safe place.
You can thank the greed that is behind all of this, Mary Hero.

i will try to call the news station that ran the story if someone can send
it to me or call me with the info at, 876-8224.

I will fight for the freedom and well being of the ferrets that go to this
shelter.

CJ
24 Carat Ferret Rescue And Shelter